Please find listed below the chorus selections for the 2023 fall session. If you have any questions, please call or text Terry at 403-891-9458 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Handel’s Messiah Chorus Selections for 2023 OCC performance
Rehearsal tracks are on the website under the Messiah pages. Please invite anyone that you think would love to sing this timeless classic!
The password for the members’ page is still relevant. The rehearsal tracks, however, are not behind a password.
- And the Glory of the Lord
He Shall purify
- O Thou That Tellest Good Tidings to Zion
- For Unto Us A Child Is Born
- Glory To God
- Behold The Lamb Of God
- Surely He Hath Borne Our Griefs
- He Trusted In God
- Lift Up Your Heads
- Since By Man Came Death
- Worthy Is The Lamb / AMEN
If you are interested in auditioning for a solo, please prepare an Aria and one Recitative from the list below.
All of these may be found on YouTube as well as in your Messiah score. They do not have to be memorized.
In-person auditions will take place in September. An accompanist will be provided. You can also send a video to email@example.com.
Recitatives and Arias:
- Tenor Recit. Comfort ye my people
- Tenor Aria Every valley shall be exalted
- Bass Recit. Thus saith the Lord
- Bass Aria But who may abide the day of His coming? (Originally written for Alto)
- Alto Recit. Behold, a virgin shall conceive
- Alto Aria O thou that tellest good tidings to Zion
- Bass Recit. For, behold, darkness shall cover the earth
- Bass Aria The people that walked in darkness
- Soprano Recit. There were shepherds abiding in the field
- Soprano Recit. And lo! the angel of the Lord came upon them
- Soprano Recit. And the angel said unto them
- Soprano Recit. And suddenly there was with the angel
- Soprano Aria Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion
- Alto Recit. Then shall the eyes of the blind be opened
- Alto/Soprano Aria He shall feed his flock
- Alto Aria He was despised
- Tenor Recit. All they that see Him, laugh Him to scorn
- Tenor Recit. Thy rebuke hath broken His heart
- Tenor Aria Behold, and see if there be any sorrow
- Tenor Recit. He was cut off out of the land of the living
- Tenor Aria But Thou didst not leave His soul in hell
- Tenor Recit. Unto which of the angels said He
- Bass Aria Thou art gone up on high
- Soprano Aria How beautiful are the feet of them
- Bass Aria Why do the nations so furiously rage
- Tenor Recit. He that dwelleth in heaven
- Tenor Aria Thou shalt break them
- Soprano Aria I know that my redeemer liveth
- Bass Recit. Behold, I tell you a mystery
- Bass Aria The trumpet shall sound